50 pts for list of questions and your cheat sheet on the topic
50 pts for the performance
Each Press conference is roughly kept to a minute and 1/2
Purpose: To hold press conferences and for the speaker to learn how to take and deflect questions confidently about a topic they know well, and keep up good spirits.
In The End: The class should learn about a specific instance each student in the class:
- Experienced first hand
Preparation for the Press Conference
- Each student picks a topic and we share them on the board fo the whole class.
- The topics are to be kept simple in description.
- The class generates a question to ask each classmate's topic.
- Each student writes a short journal entry on their topic.
The Day of the Press Conferences
- Each student goes to the podeum (with sunglasses if needed).
- The clock is started.
- The class becomes a sea of hands begging to be called upon.
- Once the speaker selects a press agent the room goes quiet.
- The question is asked, the speaker decides whether to answer or not.
- The speaker then says "next question"
- The process repeats until the time runs out.